Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

The power of banks...

April 08, 2012 10:48AM
I think that you may be over-estimating the power or influence that "banks" have today.

First of all, at the loss mit level, the vast majority of mortgages are securitized and not really part of the banks' balance sheets. Most banks are using mortgage servicing as a means to offering more profitable consumer products and services and delegate via contract much of the servicing and sub-servicing.

At the asset management level, when a loan has become an REO, lenders/servicers have few concentrated powers. Much of this is contracted out to various vendors and much of the day-to-day work is piled onto the plate of the listing brokers, including communication with senior lienholders (i.e., HOA's). Ever know a broker/agent who really cares how much the HOA wants to collect unless it's coming out of his/her margins?

Beyond legislative influence and industry association PAC's and lobbyists, I doubt if lenders or servicers put much effort into trying to curb HOA's or other super-priority creditors. These costs get lost in the line item list.

For Private-party lenders like myself...yes. However, I don't get very excited until it threatens my margins because now it's personal!

RicktheProbateGuy.com | Closeprobate.com
Subject Author Views Posted

Perry Law Firm/Troublesome collection on HOA lien

Island Time 3623 April 03, 2012 02:21PM

Re: Perry Law Firm/ Inappropriate collection on HOA lien

Rick Harmon 2468 April 03, 2012 06:16PM

Thanks Rick!!

Island Time 2240 April 03, 2012 10:14PM

Re: Thanks Rick!!

GJ 2200 April 07, 2012 08:22PM

The power of banks...

Rick Harmon 2185 April 08, 2012 10:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455