Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Question re buying from auction vs REO?

February 27, 2012 11:30AM
I am an indiviual looking to buy a house not an investor. However, I want a cosmetic fixer to rehab. I have been stalking neighborhoods and have a clear picture of what I want and where. I have narrowed it down and have several houses I have been stalking. Of those a couple are slated to go to auction.

My question is, I am not qualified/experienced to buy from the auction (nor do I have the cash or a hard money loan), is there anybody that, for a fee buys the house I point out and then and sell it back to me? I can identify the house I want and sign some kind of guarantee that if purchased below x amount I will buy (with a conventional loan 20% down) with a x fee.

I don't like to leave it to chance that I will be the winner in a REO sale on the MLS, plus the waiting months for the banks to list it.

On the flip side of that, say the house goes back to the bank due to opening bid being above market value, is there anyway for me to buy the house from the bank directly instantly, at market value?

I found one that a realtor put a sign in the front yard saying "coming soon" I called realtor directly, he showed me the house I told him I would take it for x amount, as is. He said it still had to be cleaned out by the bank, now I am being told it is going to be re-painted and new carpet put in. All of this has a cost to me in time and money. It has been a month and still not listed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Subject Author Views Posted

Question re buying from auction vs REO?

ktnws 3357 February 27, 2012 11:30AM

Re: Question re buying from auction vs REO?

Kristine-CA 2593 February 27, 2012 01:49PM

ktnws 2300 February 27, 2012 08:06PM

Kristine-CA 2306 February 28, 2012 08:33AM

Rick Harmon 2236 February 28, 2012 10:09AM

ktnws 2903 February 28, 2012 01:32PM

You asked, we answered...

Rick Harmon 2222 February 29, 2012 10:14AM

Try buying from the defaulting owner prior to the auction...

Ward-CA 2452 February 28, 2012 04:29PM

Try buying a short sale

Island Time 2128 March 09, 2012 11:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455