Archived Articles

Dingbat Retirement Plan

Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Quiz: Do you know TV Det. Columbo's first name?

January 25, 2012 10:26AM
Not sure if I'd bother with the P.I. so early, however I really like your thinking.

My experience in hiring experts is that people like process servers, really good ones, are incredxibly effective and efficient at what they do. I find using my attorney for servicing 3-day notices a smart bargain.

Anyone who is a long-time member of this forum will likely remember my posts of several years ago where I discussed the cost-effective use of P.I.'s and what a bargain they can be...and how you can throw an awful lot of dough down the drain if you don't have an effective plan and written mission and budget limits.

I've learned to break down the information gathering into several sections, including: Desktop skip-tracing, door knocking, field research, stakeouts and security, such as when I have to breach a locked door and enter into a building. At $50-100/hour, a P.I. may not be necessary or may be overkill for the job. Many process servers are wannabe P.I.'s anyway and will know plenty of things that are street smart.

A funny thing happened happended to me several weeks ago: A process server knocked at my door and recognized that he had served me before on another matter. What was odd was that he was serving me on my own case! Somehow, the due-diligence team decided that the defendants lived at my house. I assured him that, no, they didn't live with me and that I was the guy paying his bill.

BTW, Peter Falk's iconic character, Detective Columbo, did have a first name in the series: John.

RicktheProbateGuy.com | Closeprobate.com
Subject Author Views Posted

Process Server - Stake Out

428 3613 January 24, 2012 10:31AM

Quiz: Do you know TV Det. Columbo's first name?

Rick Harmon 2689 January 25, 2012 10:26AM

Re: Quiz: Do you know TV Det. Columbo's first name?

428 2285 January 28, 2012 11:21PM

Re: Process Server - Stake Out

JK (same other JK) 2257 January 29, 2012 02:11PM

Re: Process Server - Stake Out

428 2338 January 29, 2012 11:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455