Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Process Server - Stake Out

January 24, 2012 10:31AM
I have about a 50% success rate with the cash for keys. For the other 50%, I often have to start a unlawful detainer action agaist the occupants of the trustee sale properties I purchase, usually they are owner occupants. What has been happening is that my attorney's process server tries to do personal service for a couple of weeks, then they request to do post and mail, then we have to tack on another 17 days I think. So we essentially spend a month getting nothing done. It can be frustrating to have to sit by and watch the occupants get away with this blatent abuse of the system by evading service.

Has anyone found it worthwhile to retain thier own process server, perhaps a private detective/process server that will research the occupants first then stake out the property at the times that thier research has shown will most likely result in a successful personal service? Starting at the expiration of the 3 day notice, if I can accomplish personal service in 3 days then the total time the occupant has to answer is 8 days. What is happening now is that it is taking at least 30 days just to get to the occupants answer deadline. I would save 3 weeks which is worth quite a bit of money, at least 1 months rent.

Is my attorney likely going to be offended if I request that at the same time thier process server is working, we also try our process server/P.I?
Is this a worthwhile expense, would it complicate the case?

I think my attorney's firm is capable but I dont know for sure if they are doing a good job or not. It seems like we get alot of delays. Any tips on finding the most aggressive and capable UD attorney would be appreciated.
Subject Author Views Posted

Process Server - Stake Out

428 3612 January 24, 2012 10:31AM

Quiz: Do you know TV Det. Columbo's first name?

Rick Harmon 2689 January 25, 2012 10:26AM

Re: Quiz: Do you know TV Det. Columbo's first name?

428 2284 January 28, 2012 11:21PM

Re: Process Server - Stake Out

JK (same other JK) 2257 January 29, 2012 02:11PM

Re: Process Server - Stake Out

428 2338 January 29, 2012 11:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455