Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Re: Recission of Trustees Deed for "Moral Reasons"

January 22, 2012 09:43AM
Lughead: Over the past few years, several posters on this board have posted their opinion that a rescission of trustee's deed is one of the risks and the cost of doing business as a trustee' sale investor. While indeed it is, the current foreclosure environment in CA is providing lots of opportunity to look the issue more closely.

The trustee's sale is final, and your purchase appears to be perfected by a properly executed trustee's deed. There is some relevant case law validating rescissions that do not appear to apply to your situation (noticing issues and borrowers attempts at tendering). It is between the lender, trustee and borrower to decide who is going to make whom whole. I say let the trustee find the relevant case law that supports their rescission. In the meantime do not agree to it. If it were me, I would have not provided costs to the trustee or lender's lawyer. I would let the lender and trustee know that you believe there are no valid grounds for the rescission and that you will proceed with a quiet title and lis pendens and the UD immediately unless they agree to a settlement with you. And, again if it were me, I'd ask for real money. This settlement offer should be in writing and there should be no more phone calls to the trustee or lender attorney. This costs you nothing. However, from your posts, I think you might be better off with the help of an attorney. Best of success with it, Kristine
Subject Author Views Posted

Recission of Trustees Deed for "Moral Reasons"

Lughead 3556 January 21, 2012 07:35PM

Rick Harmon 2511 January 21, 2012 11:10PM

Kristine-CA 2741 January 22, 2012 09:43AM

Lughead 2412 January 22, 2012 06:39PM

Kingside 2419 January 22, 2012 08:26PM

Kristine-CA 2289 January 23, 2012 03:28PM

Rick Harmon 2492 January 23, 2012 09:57AM

Kristine-CA 2409 January 23, 2012 02:42PM

Recission case law

Kristine-CA 2377 January 23, 2012 03:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455