Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Foreclosure and Death question- across state lines

October 26, 2011 01:22PM
Hello all,

I'm looking for some information on how all of this works. I have a phone call with a volunteer lawyer scheduled for Friday (we can't afford to pay anyone), but my mom feels a lot of urgency around this. My brother (aged 48) passed away unexpectedly last weekend. My mom (age 72, lives in WA state) is worried that she needs to head back to Illinois immediately to keep the bank from seizing my brother's home and possessions. We know he was being foreclosed on, but we do not know how far the foreclosure had progressed. We do not know if she needs to fly back there and be living in the house to keep the foreclosure from happening this week; she thinks that if it is unoccupied, the bank will board it up and take everything inside (including sentimental family objects-- nothing of any real financial value, but it would break our hearts to lose these items). He also had a car that is paid for, probably not very new or expensive, but wondering if the lender is entitled to that as well or if we will need to be transporting it back to WA with us. We can't plan what to do because we have no idea what we are supposed to or allowed to do at this point! If anyone has tips. advice, or can point me to someone who can help me more immediately (before Friday), I would be forever grateful.
-Katrina
Subject Author Views Posted

Foreclosure and Death question- across state lines

anomelie 3837 October 26, 2011 01:22PM

Re: Foreclosure and Death question- across state lines

anomelie 2556 October 26, 2011 01:47PM

GJ 2590 October 26, 2011 02:37PM

anomelie 2448 October 26, 2011 03:00PM

Ward-CA 2495 October 27, 2011 02:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455