Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Tenants file for bankruptcy

August 21, 2011 08:47PM
I bought a property at TS two years ago and inherited the tenants. We are on month-to-month lease now. They paid on time until May. They started to pay in pieces. I served them 3-day notice to pay rent or quit yesterday. They told me they will go see a bankruptcy lawyer on coming Tuesday. I know there is a new law protecting landlord if you have a judgment in hand from eviction court. But if you just file for the eviction, you still have to find a lawyer to file Relief from Stay to take your property out of the automatic stay. Someone quoted me $1800 for filing the Relief from Stay. Is that reasonable? I heard that bankruptcy only protect debtor up to the date of their bankruptcy filing (let's say Aug 30). They are still responsible for debt incurred after the filing. So if they don't pay me after Sep 1, I can start 2nd eviction on Sep 2. My eviction cost is cheaper than $1800. Any thoughts?
You advice is highly appreciated.
Bill
Subject Author Views Posted

Tenants file for bankruptcy

murftone 4257 August 21, 2011 08:47PM

Re: Tenants file for bankruptcy

428 2773 August 22, 2011 12:21AM

murftone 2778 August 22, 2011 11:29AM

Dond 2830 August 23, 2011 07:37AM

428 2717 August 23, 2011 06:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455