Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Abused by HOA. Need help!

November 13, 2011 10:38PM
My tenants didn't not report leaks in the bathroom to us and tried to fix it themselves and failed. Small leak became big leak and leaked to someone else's unit downstairs. HOA called for service without notifying us in advance claiming they don't have our phone number. We actually gave our number to president of the complex on a board meeting 2 years ago. But the management company changed hand 4 times during the last 2 years. My question is:
The leak was reported by someone else to HOA on Friday night. They sent a plumber to look at the leak without doing anything for 1.5 hour at $186/hour.
Another plumber showed up to fix the leak inside my unit 10AM on Monday. The manager din't call us until 10:30 AM. We rushed to the site at noon(we live 1 hour away). He was already fixing the bathtub leak. They wouldn't gave us estimate when we were on site. After we left, according to plumber's report he found the toilet leaking and started to fix the toilet in addition without notifying us. We were not notified by the toilet part until we saw the report 1.5 month later. The plumber charged $93/hour for 7.5 hours. They wouldn't provide us the report earlier. The management company also charged us $1400 to manage and repair the dry wall on a small closet downstairs: 10hours at $65/hour for cordinatinging the repair and $750 for the actuall repair itself. My question is:
1. Does management company have the right to rush into my unit to repair without properly notifying me, claiming emergency? In this case, they found the leak on Friday, but didn't start working on it until Monday. Doesn't seem like emergency to me.
2.For the damages in common area, can management company use their own employees to do it without other contractors' price bidding?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Subject Author Views Posted

Abused by HOA. Need help!

murftone 3959 November 13, 2011 10:38PM

Re: Abused by HOA. Need help!

Rick Harmon 2808 November 14, 2011 11:43AM

murftone 2593 November 15, 2011 01:25PM

Dond 2608 November 16, 2011 04:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455