Dingbat Retirement Plan

Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

June 04, 2015 06:25PM
Thanks Bill for your response and insight. I have 6 years experience buying several foreclosures. Here are some of your comments followed by my thinking with**.

Bill: “”If there is sufficient equity he (the 2nd) most probably will pay off the 1st.”“
**This may be the case if the 2nd knows the payoff amount. I have tried to contact the 1st for that information and can’t reach or even locate them. However, the financial players can probably get that info.

Bill: “”No reason for the 2nd TD lender NOT to foreclose...he gets paid ONLY if he forecloses as the upcoming 1st TD will wipe him from title so it is in his best interest to proceed to foreclosure.”“
**The 2nd by foreclosing will incur some trustee expenses to hold the sale which I would think they would want to avoid unless they DO know the pay off and then plan on bidding at the June 25 1st sale. I have seen a number of foreclosed properties with 1st and 2nd liens and I have seen maybe one or two others where a 2nd initiates a foreclosure sale. In the past I’ve just ignored them since they are subject to the 1st. That is why I’m puzzled about the possible outcomes here.

Bill: “”Then if no one bids at the 2nd TD sale on June 15th and the 2nd TD holder does not pay it off.....YES...he will be wiped from title at the June 25th sale and you can get title at that time.”“
**Yes, I see that but I’ve never seen a Trustee’s sale where there are no bidders. Assuming there is a winning bidder at the June 15 2nd sale who gets a Trustee’s Deed but is NOT the winning bidder at the June 25 1st sale, there will end up being two Trustee’s Deeds to the same property. Who if anybody has good title? Please give me your thoughts on this question.

Yes, I am familiar with IRS liens but this property also has a lien from the Missouri Department of Social Services for payment of medical bills without the dollar amount specified. In Missouri, a state income tax lien is wiped off by foreclosure but this lien is going to take some research and phone calls. Thanks again.
Subject Author Views Posted

2 Sales, 2 Trustee's Deeds, Same Property, Title?

larrygs 5226 June 04, 2015 01:00PM

Re: 2 Sales, 2 Trustee's Deeds, Same Property, Title?

Bill H 3081 June 04, 2015 03:42PM

larrygs 2938 June 04, 2015 06:25PM

Bill H 2822 June 04, 2015 09:43PM

mikebick 2784 July 04, 2015 05:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455