Archived Articles

Dingbat Retirement Plan

Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Re: Is there a way to stop a Trustee Sale besides BK or TRO?

August 22, 2011 10:56AM
What is the device that Trustee Delay Services use? For starters, I don't know the answer.

In each of the last four economic real; estate down cycles that I've witnessed, a group of people come out of the woodwork, selling some "service" to an eager segment of the owner-occupied real estate market. In earlier times it was the Greystone tactic of deeding a fractional interest to another party or entity and filing BK on that party's interest. Even the normally pro-debtor BK judges got tired of that trick.

I had a similar play tried on me several weeks ago whereby the sole owner (from a prior probate distribution) purported to transfer a portion of her interest to a 3rd party, who happened to live in another part of the state and who alleged was concurrently in a BK13. New one for me. We PACERed the other party, and determined that: her BK was not in fact, in effect, and I also learned that not only can you not transfer OUT of a BK estate, but an BK debtor's estate cannot RECEIVE any new assets. Makes sense to me. We determined that we did, in fact, have a valid T-sale and I signed the TDUS as trustee.

Bingo ~ Bango ~ Bop!
Subject Author Views Posted

Is there a way to stop a Trustee Sale besides BK or TRO?

JK (the other JK) 4241 August 21, 2011 11:25AM

Re: Is there a way to stop a Trustee Sale besides BK or TRO?

Rick Harmon 2904 August 22, 2011 10:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455