Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Re: How To Properly Fill Out PCOR

March 03, 2012 12:15PM
Where I am the recorder wouldn't have anything to you with your explanation, and they would not record the doc without transfer tax. You have exactly what recorders want: a bona fide transfer of title to a bonafide purchaser, hence a taxable transfer. Everyone could say that transfer tax was paid in full on the last transfer.....because it was. They want money for this transfer.

I would do it (and have done it differently) than you propose. I would 1)file the doc for recording in person and I would not fill out the PCOR. The recording ladies will make you think it's the law, but it's not. You can pay $20 to NOT submit it. You have to be firm on this: I will not be submitting a PCOR and will be paying the fee and 2) I would prepare the transfer deed and would fill out the transfer tax based on $10K. They get what they want: transfer tax. You get what you want, transfer of tile. I suggest you not go below basing the fees on less than 10K. Where am I the recording ladies will start asking questions (to which they are entitled no answers, btw), but I just can't deal with that so I pay an amount that makes them happy and not ask questions.

This is not legal advice and may not be good advice, but it's what I've done.
Subject Author Views Posted

How To Properly Fill Out PCOR

ksquyres 4008 March 02, 2012 01:52PM

Kristine-CA 2324 March 03, 2012 12:15PM

sandmn3 2264 April 15, 2012 02:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455