Grandpa Ward, Elsa, and Helen at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center

InnoVest Resource Management's

Foreclosure Forum


Discussion Board

"Hands-On" Training

Title Holding Trust

Annual Reunion

Speaking Schedule


Foreclosure Fundamentals

Code References

50 State Foreclosure Basics

Foreclosure Glossary

Foreclosure Statistics

75+ Yrs Interest Rates

Fillable Forms

Archived Articles

Dingbat Retirement Plan


Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us



Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Forum Board ] [ FAQ ]

Re: Come On!! Where is CC and JK when you need them?

Posted by 427 on July 20, 2011 at 11:50 PM

In Reply to: Re: Come On!! Where is CC and JK when you need them? posted by Kristine-CA on July 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Learning alot here thank you. I can see how perhaps the building plans and similar may not be recorded, particularly since they can be very large sheets that another poster pointed out. I dont know exactly what terms to use for what map. To me a tract map is usually a site plan that shows the entire condominium development and the buildings and unit numbers. If I am right, are these types of plans kept by the assessor, like in storage and not recorded? Why would the assessor have these, they would just need the lot lines wouldnt they, to measure land area.
What did you mean by muni? Municipality that would include the assessor, planning department etc?

I see alot of preliminary title reports, and these guys/ladies always seem to be able to find great maps, excactly what I am loooking for. If its on a mountain top built 100 years ago, they can get the documents. I assumed they were getting them from the recorders office. Do they have another source, or are they the source of most of the original documentation?

When a developer is going to build a tract, they probably get finaning and title insurance. The title company would do thier usual research and yes of course now that it is starting to sink in they would be intersted in having all the documents and maps from the different design disciplines (architectural, civil, other) right from the very beginning.

Since the title company I work with isnt likely the one that did the title for the developer, the title companies must buy sell trade thier documents somehow. If any of this is correct then the title company would be the way to go wouldnt it?

Sorry for all the questions. This subject has always been a mystery to me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Forum Board ] [ FAQ ]

WWWAdmin 2.0a © 1997 Matt Wright and DBasics Software Company, All Rights Reserved

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-date("Y"), InnoVest Resource Management

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455