Archived Articles

Dingbat Retirement Plan

Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

You should have posted this 9 years ago...

November 17, 2011 02:49PM
Silverblue59
Hey All,

In my nine years as a buyer at Trustee Sales, I have avoided purchasing a foreclosing first position mortgage if there is a RECORDED Trustee's Deed for an HOA because I have yet to understand why the HOA would go through this process if they would, in effect, be eliminated by the foreclosure of a primary lienholder at a later date.

We all see concurrent NOD's and NTS's for primary liens and HOA's all the time, right? In most cases, the HOA never forecloses ahead of the primary lienholders. However, when an HOA does foreclose ahead of a concurrent primary lienholder's pending foreclosure, I am guessing that they rarely do anything to bring the primary lienholder current and take ownership of the property.....??

So, what does the HOA have to gain by foreclosing AND RECORDING a Trustee's Deed? My fear has always been that they are doing this for a reason and that the reason may be hidden in some obscure law which gives them the right to collect on their foreclosed deficiency, even though it is technically subordinate to the soon to foreclose, primary lienholder.....??

Looking forward to some savy insight....!!

Thx....!

Delinquent HOA assessments can get out of hand if an HOA's membership sees that their HOA board is loath to use their power of foreclosure. So an occasional demonstration to the contrary is necessary to keep their constituency in line.

--------------------------Ward

==============================
Subject Author Views Posted

Recorded HOA Trustee's Deed Wiped Out???

Silverblue59 4942 November 17, 2011 08:49AM

You should have posted this 9 years ago...

Ward-CA 3066 November 17, 2011 02:49PM

Re: You should have posted this 9 years ago...

Silverblue59 2917 November 17, 2011 09:27PM

HOA SuperLien States.

Lady Jane 8729 November 20, 2011 07:57PM

Priority of HOA liens in CA was changed in 05/00..

Ward-CA 7136 November 22, 2011 01:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455