Links

Booklist

Contact / Map | Priceline Tips

About Us

Home

Innovest Resource Management BBB Business Review

Debt missing from credit report?

May 18, 2018 03:29PM
I had my home foreclosed on after applying twice for a short sale and being told I did not qualify for a deed in lieu of. The house went up to auction and sold for 50,000. I owed 75k. I went online and checked my credit report and it said that my 75,000 debt was dropped. Is that because the bank got 50k and will have to rework how much I owe? Will the new amount show up on my credit report?

I got a check in the mail from the bank for $170 because of an error in reporting something to the IRS.

I wasn't sure if that had anything to do with my debt being cleared on the house but I highly doubt they just forgave my debt since I would still owe them $10,000 ish.

Anyone have even an idea of what would cause the debt to be cleared? It does not say on the site.
Subject Author Views Posted

Debt missing from credit report?

ADWilliams 3676 May 18, 2018 03:29PM

Re: Debt missing from credit report?

Dond 2394 May 20, 2018 06:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Information provided by this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please consult your investment advisor and/or attorney before entering into any transaction. Read our privacy policy.

Copyright © 1997-2024, InnoVest Resource Management
http://www.foreclosureforum.com

InnoVest Resource Management, 4569-A Mission Gorge Place, San Diego CA 92120-4112
(619) 283-5444, Fax (619) 283-5455